Friday, August 21, 2009

Getting up there

I woke up this morning was did some deep thinking. What have I done with my life so far? Where am I going? I am really excited for where my life is going, not so happy with all the choices I've made but you live and you learn from the past and your move on! For the life of me I couldn't remember how old I was this morning. I thought I was 25. It wasn't until I did the math that I realized, I'm 26 years old. WOW!! That's four years away from 30! I really need to take a deep breath and relax and just enjoy where I am at today. I have a big habit of when things are going good for me,I find a way to make things go sour. I'm not comfortable with things going smoothly for some reason. Maybe I can blame my childhood for this?! I do this without thinking about it. It wasn't until last summer that I realize I do it (actually my counselor helped me realize this). From this day forward I'm going to enjoy life and not dwell on what I want right at that moment. In time I will get everything that will make me happy, I just have to be patient. Our house is coming along, slowly but surely, and we have plans to start our family soon!! You know life is not bad at all. We aren't strapped for cash (like too many people these days), we are lucky enough to build a big beautiful house out here on the ranch, we have 4 awesome pets that we love and adore, and our family is amazing! I'm also taking another shot of a vegetable garden. Wish me luck! I bought a book to help me this time!
The point of this blog is that I have finally realized how I act (very selfish!) and that things are never as bad as you think they are. Unfortunately I always think the grass is greener on the other side and really it's not! Please don't get me wrong I am a very grateful and happy person, it's just this week is always a rough week for me, some years it's rougher than others but I get through it! I always do!

3 comments:

Lissa Michelle said...

Keep your chin up, girl. You are such an awesome person inside and out and have so much going RIGHT in your life, perfectly living God's plan for YOU! Love this post and love you!

Candycane said...

I'm so happy you are learning how to grow and heal through writing. I think it is the BEST therapy, but I'm biased. There is something about words, in the written form that does a soul justice. Keep it up. I'm not here to analyze you. I'm just here to be your sis, to be your bff, and love you unconditionally. I think you analyze yourself enough as it is! We all are guilty of that, which is good and bad! I luv u.

Kelly Langdon said...

kristyn i just want to tell you again how much i love you and that we always learn from mistakes of the past and press on the greater achievements of our future. I cant tell you how much i love being around you and when i feel down about something your presence always cheers me up. if you ever need anything you always know you can count on me. ill love you always.