Friday, August 22, 2008

My wonderful nieces

Today on my way out of work, the phone rang and it was my little niece, Ashlee. Now she is almost 2 and doesn't say many actual words, but tries to everyday. She said to me "Is this RiRi?" Yes that is me, my nieces call me RiRi. The story is that my sister said when I was little I couldn't even pronounce my name correctly so why should we assume my nieces could so I was to be Aunt Ri (my middle name is Renee). Well Miss B. started to call me RiRi so it stuck! I was soo excited that my other little niece now likes to call me and talk to me! I always get soo excited when Miss B. asks to call me. I wasn't having a bad day but my day sure did a lot brighter when Ashlee called!! I am soo proud of my nieces! They are such lovely girls! I miss them dearly when I dont get to see them often! Even though they only live an hour away, I so wish they lived closer. They can live in my backyard! Well that is all I really had to say tonight. I am so tired! I'm still getting used to my new work schedule and we had a busy busy couple of weeks!

1 comment:

Candycane said...

How sweet! I really need to come out your way. We miss the country! I too wished we lived closer! We always have the best time together and you are such a huge help to me w/ the girls. I probably don't say thank you as much as I should, but you are always there for me and I am so blessed.