Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Making Lemonade

Well it's been 3 days since my miscarriage and I think I'm doing quite well! I didn't have a great day yesterday emotionally, but overall I still think I'm handling this whole thing good. I still haven't had to use my pain meds the doctor gave me. Tomorrow I go back to work and I'm not really scared emotionally how I'm going to do but I am scared of the physical aspect of it all. Today I was more active and I've had minor cramping. Just hope tomorrow goes smooth! I'm sure it will though.

We just got back from the doctor and had a great report!! I am so pleased. You know, having a miscarriage is an awful thing to happen but it's not the end of MY world. (I emphasize on the word MY b/c some people have a harder time and do not realize at first that is it not the end of THEIR world) Again, everything happens for a reason! I went into the doctor today and he said (my lady doctor was off today) at this point we don't have much to worry about. There could be many reasons why this happened. All my tests and blood work looks really good (and I passed everything so no D&C!!) However, they are going to treat me as a high risk patient for my next pregnancy just so we don't miss anything. I'll get extra sonograms and extra blood work. If something bad were to happen again, there isn't a whole lot that they can do about it but at least we will be one step ahead in trying to figure out what is causing this problem. I feel like I have an excellent team working with my doctor and feel very lucky. I have total confidence that we will someday get pregnant again. No telling when that will happen but it will happen! We are able to start trying again in about 5 weeks!

On the plus side of things I get to have a nice big margarita on my birthday next week! :) Don't get me wrong, I would much rather be pregnant (I'm not really a drinker either) but you have to play the cards you were dealt and find some good out of the situation. Now we wont be in a hurry to get the house done and I bet I will be more patient this next time around and appreciate the whole process a little more. In every crossroad I'm dealt I learn from that situation and move on. You can end up making great lemonade with what you thought were bad lemons!

4 comments:

Empty Nest said...

Kristyn, we never know the answers to why these things happen as you know and said. I do know that you have God on your side and things will work out good. I'm glad your doing as good as you are and I know emotionally it will be up and down. Keep blogging and taking care of yourself and that husband of yours and God will take care of the rest. I loved you growing up, being the "twerps" all you girls were and still love you as a young lady!! Love, Mary

Lissa Michelle said...

I'm glad you had a good day yesterday. I hope your first day back at work goes well. Hang in there and be sure to take care of yourself!

Candycane said...

i'm proud of you for responding with such positivity. i love you

Faren said...

Kristyn my heart goes out to you I had no idea. Your out look is inspiring though. I know that you guys have been through a lot and I believe that god puts hard times in our life for a reason. You have shown me that there is a light on the other side. I will be praying for you and your family.